Urgent! Sign-up for Tribute to Heroes
This is an all-chorus sing-out but we need you to sign up so we know who will be there and who will not. Five of the 10 seats at our table have been claimed, leaving five available. These seats are $25 /each (this is a price increase from the $20 stated on the form). If you want to claim one of these spots, please respond right away or I will have to release the table back to the organizers. Please make a check payable to the Harmony Hawks Chorus.
So far, here is who has responded that they will attend:
- Cal Birkey
- Bob Kerdus
- Larry Hlavacek (1 table reservation)
- Larry Aspleaf
- Tom Zuber (2 table reservations)
- Ray Smith (2 table reservations)
- John Hayden
- Gary Lindsay
Obviously, many have not responded. Please do so as soon as you see this by clicking on this link, or if you’d rather, emailing Gary Lindsay, email@example.com.
Rehearsal plan, Thursday June 7
- 6:30 – BohemianRed, review rep and plan next performance
- 7:00 – Aged2P, review set for 6/15 Naturalization
Chorus Rehearsal 7:30 – 9:30
- National Anthem
- Isn’t She Lovely
- Quartet activity with “Daddy Sang Bass” (review at home before rehearsal)
- God Bless America
- Tag Time
- America the Beautiful Overlay
- Love Letters (particularly measures 17-48)
- Armed Forces Medley
See everyone Thursday night!
Board meets Monday night
The board will convene 7 p.m. Monday night at Gary and Linda Lindsay’s home. If you have questions or concerns, please talk to any board member.
Chorus officers needed
Bill Moss will be heading up the Nominations Committee and begin that work soon. A list of officers follows; let Bill know if you are interested.
- President, Gary Lindsay
- Secretary, Wendell Aldrich
- Treasurer, Al Huneke
- Past President: Bill Moss
- Music & Programming VP, Tom Read
- Membership & Chapter Development VP, Jack Ray
- Marketing & Public Relations VP, Bob Handley
- Music VP Greg Koenigs
- Program VPs: Bob Kerdus and Larry Hlavacek
Dorian Choral Retreat for Adults
Do you love to sing? The Dorian Choral Retreat for adults is a new event occurring this summer from June 29 through July 1. Held on the campus of Luther College in Decorah, the weekend will be comprised of choral singing, interesting presentations, and connecting with fellow musicians. Anyone who enjoys singing in a choir is invited to participate – whether familiar with Luther or not. Visit https://tinyurl.com/choralretreat for more details and to enroll. Questions? Contact Susan Potvin, event coordinator, at 563-202-4492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan ahead for BHS’s Leadership Summit
The Barbershop Harmony Society Leadership Summit is a four-day intensive workshop that brings together past, present, and future music leadership from across the world, from all levels of organization and backgrounds.
This year the Leadership Summit will focus on our strategic vision: Everyone In Harmony. As we proudly move forward toward this transformation, attendees will be challenged to identify key elements like:
- Who are we as a chapter? Where do we stand, and why do we exist?
- Are we impacting our community and inspiring others to sing barbershop?
- Have we started moving towards the goal of Everyone In Harmony – outside of our normal circle of comfort? If not, how do we do that?
For complete information, go to this link.
Volunteer of the Week
I grabbed this quick photo of Lee Freie while he was volunteering with the Linn County Trails Association’s bike corral at the Downtown Farmer’s Market last Saturday. Like many in the chorus, Lee volunteers a lot in the community. We should celebrate that! Please send me a photo of you doing a volunteer activity and I’ll post it here.