Ad sales are underway
At Tuesday’s rehearsal we introduced the drive for ad sales and donation solicitation. If you have not yet completed the brief poll Gary LIndsay sent out please do so right away. You can access it at this link. We need information from this questionnaire to help each member be effective and reach his goal $500.
Here are two of the findings from my poll so far:
Assist needed for group ticket sales
This from Mary Huneke
The objective of this outreach is to encourage Activity Directors and others who work with residents at area retirement facilities to organize groups of ten or more residents to come to our show. We are offering a price of $10 per ticket for each seat bought by a group of at least ten people.
Here’s how it would work. A Harmony Hawk would visit with an Activity Director and suggest they put our Spring Show on their list of activities. They would then actively encourage their residents to sign up for the activity. When the group reaches at least 10, the A.D. would call me (Mary) at 425-478-4793 between 8:30 am and 7:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. They will be asked to provide me with credit card information. I will purchase the tickets and have them sent to the contact. The A.D. would receive them and would be responsible for distributing the tickets and collecting payment. Showtix and the Harmony Hawks will have been paid already.
It doesn’t have to be a residential facility. We can work with any group that has a single contact person who will:
- encourage group members to attend our show
- contact me and pay for the tickets up front,
- take responsibility for distributing tickets to the individuals in their group.
This could be a church group, bridge club, whatever. A Hawk who sells to several such groups will sell a lot of tickets with relatively few contacts.
Mary Huneke, Ticket Manager
New member installation
A highlight of last week’s rehearsal was the installation of Steve Nelson as a new member of the Harmony Hawks. Steve was a member previously and is rejoining after a long hiatus.
- VLQ @ 6PM
- Warm-up (Shenandoah)
- Alexander’s Ragtime Band
- Brother Can You Spare a Dime
- God Bless the USA (work on key change at home)
- I’ll Fly Away
- Wonderful Day Medley
- Happy Together
Off the music dates established
|3/22/2022||Follow the Flag|
|3/22/2022||I’ll Fly Away|
|3/22/2022||Isn’t She Lovely|
|4/5/2022||Alexander’s Ragtime Band|
|4/12/2022||Brother Can You Spare a Dime|
|4/12/2022||God Bless the USA|
|4/19/2022||This Is My Country (not sure if we will sing this one yet)|
|4/19/2022||Wonderful Day Medley|
- March 19 – 10:00 – Audition for the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Please arrive 15 minutes early (like any other appointment that you schedule). Wear your blue short-sleeved polo, if you have one.
- March 21 – 7:00 – Board Meeting
- April 8 – Ad and donation contracts due
- May 14 – 3:00 – Spring Show and Afterglow. Sign up at the table as you enter the rehearsal hall.
- May 18 – 5:30 – Mercy Foundation sing-out. We need 12-15 singers to sing 15-20 minutes of songs, using songs that will be sung for the Spring Show. Sign up at the table as you enter the rehearsal hall.
- June 17 – Tribute to Heroes sing-out. Venue to be determined. More details to come.