Online sectionals begin Tuesday
We have a wonderful opportunity for the chorus to get some rehearsal time in before we can get together as a group. John has agreed to hold “sectionals” on each Tuesday and Thursday in May. These rehearsals will be conducted using the Zoom application that can be run on your computer, tablet, smartphone or cell phone. Using a smartphone will have an extremely small screen, or a cell phone will be audio only. You can mute your microphone while singing and turn it on when you want, or you can leave it on at all times.
Each section will be given a 30-minute time-frame for their rehearsal. See the schedule and songs below. If you sing different parts on different songs you can join any/all of the rehearsals. The idea is that John will sing your part with you.
- Tuesday 7:00 – Lead
- Tuesday 7:30 – Tenor
- Thursday 7:00 – Bari
- Thursday 7:30 – Bass
Schedule and songs
- May 5 (lead/tenor) and 7 (bari/bass): Alexander’s Ragtime Band, and Follow the Flag
- May 12 (lead/tenor) and 14 (bari/bass): Roll Out of Bed, and Daydream
- May 19 (lead/tenor) and 21 (bari/bass): Toyland
- May 26 (lead/tenor) and 28 (bari/bass): I Believe, and Beautiful Savior
Please make sure you are set up on Zoom well prior to rehearsals starting up.
Connecting to rehearsals using Zoom
Here are the links for each night. The password is Harmony. It is case sensitive.
- Tuesday (lead/tenor) link: https://zoom.us/j/3980509623?pwd=L1ZER3FhelFVWDNNTGgwdG5XSUNrQT09
- Thursday (bari/bass) link: https://zoom.us/j/93275426783?pwd=QjN6STkyMzNCZFlmaDVucHNNRWQvdz09
It may help to use a plug in microphone as well as an external speaker. If you want to see more about Zoom settings, check out the YouTube video for optimized settings for music. https://youtu.be/mEAb4G063sM
PC users should be able to just click this link and if Zoom is not already installed, you will be prompted to install it. Mac/IPad-Pro users will also be prompted to install but here is additional information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203020795-How-To-Install-on-Mac
Al Huneke can answer questions about using Zoom on the PC. Call him any afternoon at 425-478-8204. For questions on Mac or iPad, contact Gary Lindsay, 319-721-0781.