Harmony Hawks website has a new look
From Gary Lindsay, webmaster. As you have seen already, the website has a new look. This was necessary because our old theme crashed when WordPress was automatically updated earlier this week. I like this new look and hope you do, too.
From Larry Hlavacek: I hope many of you were able to participate in the Winter Wonderland recording that was being done by Old Capitol Chorus. I know I only had to record my part about 20 times before I was satisfied with my recording. Not having rehearsed in a long time led to a voice that certainly wasn’t very good. I guess I just did my best!
As we head into the holidays, I would like you to resume the weekly self rehearsals. For this week, please work on Guard Me, Oh Lord.
Board meets via Zoom Monday
The board will welcome newly elected board members Ryan Ballentine and Scott Wilcox at the last board meeting Monday, 7 p.m. via Zoom hosted by Al Huneke. Any member who would like to observe in the meeting should contact Al.
Stepping down from the board at the end of this year is Wendell Aldrich, who has served as Secretary for the past four years and for two previous terms. Wendell has also served as president for three terms and as show chairman. He has certainly earned some time away from leadership roles. Thank you, Wendell for all you have done for the chapter!
Also stepping down from the board is Cal Birkey. Cal has served the past year as Board Member at Large. Thank you, Cal for your service!
Update from the Director Search Committee:
- We have an excellent group of people working on this: Al Huneke, Bob Kerdus, Jesse Bunge, Barb Read and myself.
- The job is posted on our website, on Facebook, in the Harmonizer and have sent the job to the Iowa Choral Directors Association.
- We have reached out to people who we thought would be good director candidates or who might be able to offer suggestions.
- Two people have applied.
- Our revised draft of the Director’s Contract will be presented to the Board Monday.
- We will be working on the interview process and interview questions after the start of the new year.