Board meeting report
At their meeting Monday night the Board made a number of significant decisions. First they accepted the resignation of Scott Wilcox as Secretary and appointed Ryan Ballentine as Secretary protem. This opens the At-large Board member position, and anyone interesting in serving on the board should contact Cliff Newman.
The board approved the following chorus events:
- A joint cookout with the Old Capital Chorus, tentatively scheduled for July 17, South Concession Stand Shelter in North Liberty, 4 – 8 pm
- August golf outing
- Dessert fundraiser, two one-hour small audience concerts in September
- Fall CSD Contest, Oct. 8 – 10 in Lawrence, KS
- Gospel Concert, tentatively scheduled for November 12 or 19
The next board meeting is scheduled for July 19.
New tracks and PDFs posted
Learning tracks for both “Brother Can You Spare a Dime,” and “Happy Days” are now posted on our site. Note that the off-the-music dates are posted in the schedule below, so let’s all get to work memorizing these!
Tuesday’s rehearsal plan
- Beautiful Savior
- Happy Days
- It Is Well With My Soul
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
- Tag: If (aka “Simply Fly Away”)
- June 29: Shenandoah, Homeward Bound
- July 13: Happy Days
- July 27: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime
Calendar events to note
- July 17: TENTATIVE, Joint picnic with Old Capitol Chorus, South Concession Stand Shelter in North Liberty, 4 – 8 pm
- August Golf Outing (details to come)
- September fundraiser (details to come)
- October 8-10: Fall Contest in Lawrence KS
- November Gospel Concert