Rehearsal Plan, Thu. April 12
6:00 Bohemian Red VLQ, County Corridor, Profound Sound – practice transformations and songs
7:00 Chorus Rehearsal
- Love Letters
- Daddy Sang Bass
- Isn’t She Lovely
- Things Are Looking Up
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing
- Want to Hold Your Hand
- I Wish You Love
- With a Little Help
- Armed Forces Medley
- Patriotic Medley
- America the Beautiful
Ad deadline past, donations still welcome
With a few ads still pending, we have just about filled the ad space for the program booklet. The donations list is not finalized yet, so you can still solicit donations or make your own. Please fill out the ad / donation contract and make check’s payable to Harmony Hawks Chorus.
CSD Conference call notes
I missed the call, but here’s what was discussed:
- Iowa Senior Chorus idea seems to be dead for the year, but is a concept that John Marshall would like to see continue.
- Old Capitol Chorus will again host the Cookie Festival, May 3, 7-9 p.m. at the Robert A. Lee Rec. Center.
- the Iowa Choral Directors Association will convene on Des Moines July 23-24. Ed Bittle will contact each chorus about funding an ad in the program. They are looking for photos to be part of that ad.
- Fall Festival: Iowa presidents still looking for us to host. Our board has approved an exploratory committee to look into a venue and possible costs. Wendell, Tom Read and Gary Lindsay are on the committee. We welcome any others who’d like to join us.
- Iowa City and Des Moines are searching for directors.
- State Fair Barbershop Day — Apparently, no one at the Fair Board picks up the phone.
- Next call: May 13, 3 p.m.
Schedule for show day, April 28
- 8:30a Stage setup
- 10:00 Tech rehearsal
- 11:00 Run through *Full chorus and chorus quartets/VLQ
- 12:30p Lunch (on your own)
- 2:00 Warmups *Full chorus and chorus quartets/VLQ
- 2:30 House opens
- 3:00 Show
- 5:00 Show over, strike- Disassemble stage & risers
- 6:00 Out of the Concert Hall- To VFW for afterglow
Renewals last week
We recognized two members for their renewals last week. Bob Kerdus has been a Harmony Hawks for 20 years, and a reliable tenor, singing in numerous quartets, both organized and ad hoc. He has also served as Chapter President, VP for Marketing & PR, VP Music & Performance, and VP Chapter Development/ Membership, and District Marketing VP. Bob has 12 Man of Note Awards. Gary Lindsay, has 21 years of membership and five Man of Note Awards, including (proudly) Bob.