This week’s rehearsal plans, Thursday, August 15
We will again be holding a combined rehearsal with Old Capital Chorus at Prairie Point, on the College Community School District campus. Be prepared to sing “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”. We will continue to work on “From the First Hello”, “Daydream” and “Happy Together”. In addition, there will be some time for vocal craft in warm ups, some tag time, and perhaps some breakout impromptu quartet opportunities. We will also probably combine for some pole cat singing to help everyone get comfortable with the sound that is happening.
Please bring your Barber Pole Cat #2 books to rehearsal.
Here are directions to get to the Point Choir room
- Prairie Point (8015 Kirkwood Blvd SW, Cedar
Rapids, IA 52404) is the building next to the Kirkwood Hotel/Convention Center
on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Here are directions
to get to the choir room (the building doors will NOT be unlocked—singers MUST
come to the door described to be able to enter!)
- Drive around to the back of the school and park in the east lot. The Kirkwood horse barn and Prairie Point football field are visible from this lot.
- Enter using the door to the left of the basketball hoops (there is a door to the right, but it is not as obvious as the door on the left)
- Kelly Truax will sit near this door to open for people.
- Instructions for before 6:30 pm (or after 7:15
- Park in the same lot OR park in the access driveway that is to the left of the door described above.
- Walk up the access driveway (as if you were going to the greenhouse.)
- The choir room is the 3rd door—the window is very big; you’ll be able to see the group inside. Knock on the window, and we’ll let you in!
- 7:00 Welcome and warmup
- Songs: “Can You Feel the Love Tonight,” “From the First Hello,” “Happy Together,” “Daydream,” and probably others.
- Vocal Craft
- Tag singing
- 9:00 KTWWS
August 16: Naturalization Ceremony
Please click on this link to indicate whether you can attend or not
- Where: Federal Courthouse
- When: Arrive in time to clear security check by 12:45
- Uniform: Black pants, shoes and socks. Red shirts, white ties (no vests or tux coats)
August 23: Golf Outing, 4:00
Please see Larry Aspleaf if you are interested in participating in the annual golf outing on August 23 at Rolling Acres Golf Course in Center Point. Tee times are at 4:00, with dinner to follow. Cost for golf, cart and food is $20. We are checking into the cost if you would be interested in eating dinner only.
October 5: Probable show at the Coggon Opera House
We intend on holding a show on October 5 at the Coggon Opera House at 7:00. Please reply to this message to confirm whether you would be able to attend. More details will be coming, once we know whether we will have enough singers. We would also like to have Profound Sound and Timeless perform. This would be somewhere around a 1 – 1 ½ hour performance where tickets would be sold, with the Coggon Opera house sending mass emails to their contacts to reach out to prospective attendees!
Tee shirts are here:
If you ordered one of the new baseball jersey style tee shirts, please plan to pick up at one of the next two Thursdays. The cost is $13 each and exact cash or a check made out to Gary Lindsay is the preferred mode of payment.
- August 16: Naturalization Ceremony. Arrive 12:45 at Federal Courthouse, signup here.
- August 23: Golf Outing at Rolling Acres Golf Course in Center Point, 4:00. Sing up with Larry Aspleaf.
- August 27: National Anthem at the Cedar Rapids Kernel’s game
- October 5: Probable show at the Coggon Opera House
- November: Gospel Concert at New Covenant Bible Church