Family Picnic / Potluck is this Sunday, July 28 –
- When: Sunday, July 28
- Where: Ellis Park, Harborview Pavilion
- Time: 4:00 – 8:00 (or so). Arrive any time
- Social “hour” starting around 4:30
- Dinner time: 5:30
- Plan on singing, playing games, etc.
Children and guests are welcome.
This will be a potluck, so bring your meat, a dish to share and table service. The Harmony Hawks will provide water and pop. Alcoholic beverages are permitted, so if you want beer, wine, etc, you will need to bring your own. You should also bring chairs and games.
We will have ice in coolers as well. Grills are available. Restrooms are nearby, but not in the pavilion.
Enjoy your rehearsal night off, work on your music at home instead.
NO REHEARSAL THIS THURSDAY, JULY 25!
Thursday, August 1
Normal rehearsal night. We will work on “Get Happy” and Daydream, along with other HH songs. If we have learning tracks we will have sectionals on “The Old Account Was Settled Long Ago”.
Thursday, August 8 and August 15
We will be holding combined rehearsals with Old Capital Chorus at Prairie Point, on the College Community School District campus. Everyone will be learning “From the First Hello” as a common song. Then…Iowa City would learn “Daydream”, (that we know) and we will learn “Get Happy” (That OCC knows). In addition, there will be some time for vocal craft in warm ups, some tag time, and perhaps some breakout impromptu quartet opportunities. We will also probably combine for some pole cat singing to help everyone get comfortable with the sound that is happening.
Here are directions to get to the Point Choir room (6:30 – 7:15)
- Prairie Point is the building next to the
Kirkwood Hotel/Convention Center on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Here are directions to get to the choir room
(the building doors will NOT be unlocked—singers MUST come to the door
described to be able to enter!)
- Drive around to the back of the school and park in the east lot. The Kirkwood horse barn and Prairie Point football field are visible from this lot.
- Enter using the door to the left of the basketball hoops (there is a door to the right, but it is not as obvious as the door on the left)
- Kelly Truax will sit near this door to open for people.
- Instructions for before 6:30 pm (or after 7:15
- Park in the same lot OR park in the access driveway that is to the left of the door described above.
- Walk up the access driveway (as if you were going to the greenhouse.)
- The choir room is the 3rd door—the window is very big; you’ll be able to see the group inside. Knock on the window, and we’ll let you in!
New t-shirts order form
Gary Lindsay has submitted the order for the new tee shirts and they will be available for pickup at rehearsals starting August 15. After getting a final price quote, they will cost $13, not the $12 previously quoted. Please have cash or a check made out to Gary Lindsay for &13 times the number of shirts you ordered.
If you’d like to order additional shirts for a chorus supporter or family member you can still do so using the form below.