Details on Tribute to Heroes
The event will be held at the The Hotel at Kirkwood, 7725 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids IA 52404. Dress blue HH polos, black shoes, socks and pants.
- 6:00 p.m.: Those seated for dinner arrive, social time, silent auction
- 6:30 p.m.: Call for chorus;
- 7:00 p.m.: Star-Spangled Banner”
- 7:30 p.m.: Keynote address from Dan Gable
- 8:10 p.m.: Perform three songs from the following: “Isn’t She Lovely?, “God Bless America, America the Beautiful overlay , Armed Forces Medley
More seats at the table
Bill Moss has now reserved a second table for the dinner Thursday night and is looking for three more of us to sign up. We have 19 people signed up for dinner now. Each table costs $250 and seats 10.
We have room for one more person, so if anyone was holding back because of a lack of dinner spots, please let Bill know. He will have to pay for any unused seating. It’s a very worthwhile cause and the meals served by Kirkwood are definitely worth the $25. I’d rather not have to eat more than one of them.
Spouses and friends are welcome.
PS: please send any checks to me at 3919 Belden Ct NE., 52402 or bring them to the dinner.
Riser assistance needed Thursday
Thanks go to Ray Smith for making the arrangements for renting our risers. He need our help, two or three persons to assist with moving risers to and return from DoubleTree hotel. Times are Friday 10 am for 60-90 minutes and Sunday 10:45 am for about the same time. We meet Friday at the Temple and Sunday at the loading dock at Double Tree. If you are able to help out, email Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naturalization ceremony Friday
Aged2Perfection will perform at the Naturalization Ceremony Friday. Be at Federal Court House at 12:45. Blue polo shirts, black pants, shoes and socks.
Sectional rehearsals next week, June 21, 7:30 p.m.
- Tenors, Bob Kerdus, 6410 Wolf Creek Trail, Hiawatha
- Basses, Duane Scott, 2611 Falbrook Drive NE
- Baritones, Larry Hlavacek, 4105 Willowbrook Dr, Marion.
- Leads, Doug Horton – 3527 Heatheridge Drive NE #13
We will be working on the following songs:
- I Feel A Song Coming On
- Love Letters
- If God Didn’t Care
- Lord Listen to Your children praying
President for a day
If you are planning to attend the BHS International Convention in Orlando next month, you’re invited to represent the Harmony Hawks at the Chapter President’s Reception. Please let Gary Lindsay know if you will be attending and he will get you signed up.
Thank you to Ralph Wasik fot renewing his membership in the Harmony Hawks Chorus. Ralph has been been a member and an important part of our lead section for 36 years, and has two Men of Note. He served as Marketing and PR VP in 2008.