Be a greeter
Starting Thursday we will have a nightly greeter who will welcome people when they come to rehearsal. This person should arrive around 6:40 and have their nametag on. I have taken the first week and Al has taken the second. Please sign up to be a greeter.
We introduced two new songs last week. For this week, we will continue with the new songs and run through the entire song. Please work on them this week.
We are restructuring the rehearsal schedule. The first part of the rehearsal will involve learning of new songs and polishing the repertoire. This will be the detail work for the evening. After business and break we will run 5-6 repertoire numbers so that John can evaluate where he needs to emphasize. This segment may be directed by someone other than John so that he can listen and take notes. Let us know what you think after we implement this change.
Rehearsal plan for Thursday, March 14
- 6:30 Aged2Perfection
- 7:00 Warm Up
- 7:20 New songs and polishing
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight – entire song
- What a Day For a Daydream – entire song
- You Raise Me Up
- 7:40 Business & Break
- 7:55 Run repertoire
- Love Letters
- I Wish You Love
- Daddy Sang Bass
- Isn’t She Lovely
- Lord, Listen to Your Children
- Bill Grogen’s Goat
- 8:20 5-minute break
- 8:25 Continue with rep including VLQs and quartets
- 9:00 KTWWS
- 3/15 New Citizen Ceremony – Federal Courthouse Arrive 12:45. Red shirt, white tie, black pants, black shoes, no vest or tux coat
- 3/18 Board Meeting – 7:00 at Al Huneke’s home
- 4/26-28 – Spring Contest in Iowa City. We have been asked if we would be able to help with the event. We may also be the mic testers. Stay tuned for more information.
- 5/2 – Cookie Festival in Iowa City. This is a regular chorus rehearsal night, so we would like everyone to represent the Harmony Hawks at this event.