Thursday rehearsal plans
6:30 VLQ Rehearsal
Anyone interested in singing at the Gospel Concert Nov. 9 with Bohemian Red is welcome. Please be at the 6:30 rehearsal this Thursday, September 13. The VLQ will be singing “Down to the River to Pray,” which Bohemian Red has sung previously. The tracks and PDF are on the website.
7:00 Chorus Rehearsal
- Daddy Sang Bass
- I Wish You Love
- Hello, Mary Lou
- I Believe
- Lord, Listen to Your Children
- Gospel Medley
- I Feel a Song Coming On
- Love Lettersi
- TAG: Where is Love?
Guest Night planned for Oct. 18
Please be thinking of people to invite. This is be a great opportunity to show prospective members what we can do. This is the week following CSD Contest and three weeks before the Gospel Concert.
Senior Chorus for CSD Contest
Fran Wilson will direct the CSD Seniors chorus, mostly made up of Nebraska member, at St. Charles at the Fall Convention.Their two songs will be “Darkness on the Delta” and “Old St. Louie.”To be eligible you need to be a current member of the BHS in the CSD and at least 55 years old by January 1, 2019.
Since we’re so scattered we won’t rehearse together until at the convention. Please Fran me know if you’re interested and what part you sing and I’ll send you an mp3 and music for the songs. When Fran gets a list of singers, he will send a questionnaire about what you want to wear for the performance.
Reply to Fran Wilson (director of the Kearney 1733 Chorus), firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Men in Harmony
Chorus Members, please update your calendar with the revised schedule for Young Men in Harmony Festival
- When: Friday, October 5
- Where: Kelly Truax’s classroom, Prairie Point Middle School
- 12:30- 4:30 Clinic with John Hayden as clinician, assisted by our guest quartet, Minor Details, and Harmony Hawk board members and section leaders.
- 4:30 – 5:00 Pizza meal
- 5:15-5:45 – Mini concert featuring Minor Details and the boys singing their two songs. Plus a Harmony Hawk VLQ. Other chorus members, we would like you (and spouses) at the mini-concert as our audience.
Thanks, Bob Kerdus
- October 5: Young Men In Harmony
- October 12-14: CSD Contest
- October 18: Guest Night
- October 19: New Citizen Ceremony
- November 9: Gospel Concert
- November 16: New Citizen Ceremony
- November 19: Board Meeting