More news on COVID
Larry has been told we have a second person who has tested positive, this weekend, for COVID. This person is not certain if he got it as a result of a Tuesday exposure or from somewhere else. We will still be going forward with the show this weekend.
Just for fun
Here is a fun video of Alexander’s Ragtime Band performed by a very young Bee Gees group. Notice the adjustment of the lyrics to play during an era where war was controversial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcROXLSZJ4U
And also this
At a Three Dog Night concert last Saturday night in Myrtle Beach, the show stopper was this song: https://youtu.be/qT8khYW8gkQ
Last Week’s Homework
Basses: Make sure you work on the words for Happy Together. Everyone continue to work on God Bless the USA.
- 6:30 Warm-Up
- 6:40 Run Show with script
- 7:40 Business & Break
- 7:50 Work on starting songs and transitions, work on trouble spots
- 8:30 KTWWS
Now It’s SHOWTIME!
Spring Show is Saturday. It has been a whirlwind and everyone has worked hard to get ready. Let us put on a great show that we can all be proud! Remember that if you volunteered to help with set up be at Prairie by 9:00.
Here is information for Saturday.
TIMELINE SATURDAY MAY 14TH
- 9:00 – School opens for set up, risers, podium etc.
- 9:45 – Chorus arrives
- 10:00 – Rehearsal and sound checks for chorus, VLQ and quartets
- 11:30 – Sound Check – Tapestry
- 11:30ish – Lunch (on your own. Bring something if you want)
- 1:00 – Chorus run-through with groups in the 1st act (starts/stops)
- 1:45ish – Chorus change into uniforms
- 2:00 – Prairie girls sound check
- 2:00 Ticket Sales begin
- 2:15 – Ushers arrive
- 2:30 – Doors open
- 3:00 – Show begins
- 5:30 – Afterglow
- Happy Days
- Isn’t She Lovely
- Homeward Bound
Qtet-Prayer of the Children
- Alexander’s Ragtime Band
- Brother Can You Spare a Dime
- I’ll Fly Away
- Follow the Flag
- God Bless the USA
- This Is My Country
Corridor 4 Quartet
Prairie Middle/High School Girls
- Happy Together
- Wonderful Day Medley
- Happy Days Reprise (curtain call)
- Keep the Whole World Singing
Please be ready to pay for any guests for the afterglow. The cost is $16 per person. Any person who assisted with the show will have their cost paid by the chorus. This should be a great time!
The afterglow will be held immediately following the show at the VFW Post located at 3240 Southgate Pl SW, Cedar Rapids. This is just off 6th Street SW and 33rd Avenue SW.