New tracks on the website
The new PDF and tracks for “Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime” are up on the website. Please download a copy unless you received a printed on last Tuesday, and listen to your part and the combined tract a few times before rehearsal.
Singing Valentines moving ahead
Thanks to Darrell Herschberger for his organizational work, plans for Valentines Day are progressing. Our goal of three quartets seem well in hand with 2.5 quartets.
- Quartet 1: Tenors, Ray Smith / Rick Smelser; Lead Jack Ray; Bass Gary Lindsay; Baritone Al Huneke (Ray will be able to serve in easily accessible sites. Rick is learning tenor part.)
- Quartet 2: Lead Steve Nelson; Bass Wendell Aldrich; Baritones Doug Beardsley / Bob Handley; Tenor Larry Hlavacek or player to be named later
- Pinch hitters include Larry Hlavacec and Tom Reed.
- The .5 quartet is Unfiltered who should be able to do some afternoon sings in Marion/Cedar Rapids
- Promotion will done by Mary Huneke and Gary Lindsay
- Suggested songs (at a minimum) would be:
- Sweet and Lovely
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart
- Heart of My Heart
Brother, can you lend a tux?
Rick Smelser plans to be part of a SV quartet but he needs to borrow a tux. His sizes should not be hard to fit, so if you can help please send Rick and email ([email protected]) Jacket 46 R. Waist 38. Inseam: 32.
Email invitation to sell Singing Valentines
It is everybody’s job to sell Singing Valentines. Two years ago we delivered a SV to my sister-in-law who was undergoing cancer treatment, and she said, “This is the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me.” That is often the reaction we get when we make our delivery. Aren’t there special people you’d like to give this gift? Aren’t there friends who’d like to give such a gift to others they love? It’s up to you to ask them! Look for an email next week with the form for ordering Singing Valentines or refer them to the website. www.harmonyhawks.org will land users on the Singing Valentines page for ordering.
Chad’s plan for Tuesday:
- Warm Up
- Heart of My Heart
- I Love You Truly
- Everybody Loves Somebody (sectionals if possible)
- In The Wee Small Hours
- Let’s Get Away From It All
- (maybe another rep song if time allows)
- Chad will also present the Director’s Award
Installation and Awards Banquet cancelled
The weather turned out as predicted, so our decision to cancel the banquet was validated. Executive Board will meet next Monday to determine whether we will reschedule this event, or do the installation officers at rehearsal. Stay tuned.
- Soup ’n’ Sweets, Sunday, Feb. 11, 1-4 p.m. West Side Recreation Center. https://harmonyhawks.org/event/soup-n-sweets-premier-event/
- Singing Valentines, Wednesday, Feb. 14 all day