Welcome to Summer!
For those who missed it, the Board made a number of program decisions that were announced last week. You’ll find those in a section below. Thank you to all who have accessed this information online and returned to take part in the online sectionals.
This week will be a little different, so read on!
All chorus Zoom Thursday
There will not be sectional rehearsals this week, but all chorus members are invited to join in an online Hawaiian cocktail party. We will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. You are encouraged to don your favorite island or summer vacation attire, prepare a refreshing beverage (preferably something with a tiny umbrella) and join online for some social distancing socialization. Click here to join the Zoom get together. Here’s more from Larry Hlavacek:
For this Thursday (June 4 at 7:00):
- We are having a virtual afterglow!
- Bring your favorite beverage and snack, and sit in your favorite chair
- Feel free to eat and drink in front of everyone
- Business meeting
- Summer plans
- Learn a tag
- And the fun part, if you want to do this
- Find a picture from your favorite vacation
- Hold it up when it is your turn
- Tell everyone why this was your favorite vacation, in 1-2 minutes
- Hope to see everyone virtually
Important caledar changes
The chapter board of directors met via Zoom May 18 and made some decisions about our activities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The board was informed by new information about how chorus members are particularly vulnerable to spread of the virus during rehearsals and performance. A link to a webinar exploring that topic will follow this section.
Here is how our calendar looks for the next year at this time:
- The 2020 Spring Show which had been postponed from May 9 in now cancelled.
- The 2020 Gospel Concert is our next planned performance, if it is deemed safe to do so.
- Weekly online sectionals will continue with the goal of working on repertoire and Gospel Concert music.
- We will not introduce new music for the Gospel Concert but may revive some old rep Gospel selections.
- In-person rehearsals are planned to resume in mid October.
- When conditions permit we will plan for a 2021 Spring Show.
If you’d be interested in learning more about the factors the board considered in making these decisions, access the webinar at this link.
Online sectionals to feature Gospel Concert songs
Gospel Concert Songs:
- “I Believe”
- “Beautiful Savior”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”
- “Guard Me, Oh Lord”
- “The Old Account was Settled”
- “America the Beautiful / America Overlay”
Reminder, we‘ll restart our sectional June 16 and 18. We’ll move forward also revisiting some vocal techniques and vocal exercises and warm ups With this slightly altered format, we’ll move to one song per night.
- June 16: “Old Account was Settled”
- June 23: “America”
- June 30: No sectionals this week (Fireworks}
- July 7: Guard Me, Oh Lord
- July 14: Can You Feel…
- July 21: I believe and Beautiful Savior
- July 28: no sectionals this week
Each section will be given a 30-minute time-frame for their rehearsal. See the schedule and songs below. If you sing different parts on different songs you can join any/all of the rehearsals.
These rehearsals will be conducted using the Zoom application that can be run on your computer, tablet, smartphone or cell phone. The best way is via a desktop or laptop computer. Al Huneke can answer questions about using Zoom on the PC. Call him any afternoon at 425-478-8204. For questions about using Zoom on Apple products, contact Gary Lindsay, 319-721-0781.
Please make sure you are set up on Zoom well prior to rehearsals starting up.