Thursday, Sep. 20 rehearsal plans
6:30 VLQ rehearsal
Anyone interested in singing at the Gospel Concert Nov. 9 with Bohemian Red is welcome. Please be at the 6:30 rehearsal this Thursday. The VLQ will be singing “Down to the River to Pray,” which Bohemian Red has sung previously. The tracks and PDF are on the website.
7:00 chorus rehearsal
Songs for the night:
- I Believe
- Daddy Sang Bass
- Gospel Medley
- If God Didn’t Care
- Lord, Listen to Your Children
- It Is Well With My Soul
- Patriotic Medley
- I Feel a Song Coming On
- Love Letters
Guest Night planned for Oct. 18
Please come to rehearsal with names and addresses of people you would like to attend to the Guest Night on October 18. We will have postcards that can be addressed and the chorus will send them out.
Make a list right now, with at least one name. Add to the list for the next couple of weeks. Guest night will be a great opportunity to show prospective members what we can do.
Survey from our Program VP
The board would like some feedback from you about chorus involvement. Please follow this lint to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RS2KT36
CSD Contest notes:
Reply here to Fran Wilson if you’d like to be part of the CSD Senior chorus [email protected]
Last chance to get discounted accommodations at the convention. The date has been extended to get our room rates until Wednesday night 9/19 at midnight. If you have not reserved your rooms yet contact the hotel right away! Click here to make reservations.
Convention Schedule: To download a PDF of the convention schedule: 2018 CSD Convention Schedule
Young Men in Harmony
Chorus Members, please update your calendar with the revised schedule for Young Men in Harmony Festival
- When: Friday, October 5
- Where: Kelly Truax’s classroom, Prairie Point Middle School
- 12:30- 4:30 Clinic with John Hayden as clinician, assisted by our guest quartet, Minor Details, and Harmony Hawk board members and section leaders.
- 4:30 – 5:00 Pizza meal
- 5:15-5:45 – Mini concert featuring Minor Details and the boys singing their two songs. Plus a Harmony Hawk VLQ. Other chorus members, we would like you (and spouses) at the mini-concert as our audience.
Thanks, Bob Kerdus
- October 5: Young Men In Harmony
- October 12-14: CSD Contest
- October 18: Guest Night
- October 26: New Citizen Ceremony
- November 9: Gospel Concert
- November 16: New Citizen Ceremony
- November 12: Board Meeting
Returning last week for a brief exile to Canada (actually visiting grandkids), Al Huneke was recognized for his 13 years of membership in the chorus and the society. Al sings baritone with the chorus and in the Profound Sound quartet, and has served as Board Member at Large, and since 2015 as Treasurer.
In the photo Al is saying, “No matter how bad a day I might have had, all is forgotten when I get to rehearsal. It’s always a good time!”